Call for Summer Interns
Are you an undergraduate or graduate student looking for real-world experience in a fast-paced, non-profit organization? Than look no further! International Healing Foundation (IHF), Acception Productions, LLC (AP) and Voice of the Voiceless (VOV) are looking for summer interns to help us advance our mission!
Counselors and therapists (undergraduate and graduate)
The ideal candidate will currently be enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program in professional counseling, social work, psychology or a related field and have an interest in working with clients who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender (LGBT) and/or have unwanted same-sex attractions (SSA). Interns will gain real-world experience by observing and counseling in our individual and group settings, including our weekend retreats in May/June/July.
- Marketing, communications, and public relations
- Do you have a knack for marketing? Do you want to make a difference with a cause-driven organization? The ideal candidate will be enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program in marketing, communications, and/or public relations and have a passion for mass media. Interns will gain real-world experience and work with marketing and public relations experts while advancing the organization’s mission in print, electronic, and broadcast media!
- Journalists and blog writers
- Do you like to write and communicate on social media? The ideal candidate will be enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program in journalism, communications, or English and have strong writing skills. Interns will gain real-world experience and be mentored by media experts while working in a fast-paced non-profit setting, conducting investigative reporting for AP, IHF, and VOV.
- Political/government relations
- Do you want to make a difference for young people on Capitol Hill? Are you passionate about the social issues affecting young people, including adolescent sexual health and homosexuality? Have you ever wondered what it’s like to be a lobbyist and take part in grass roots political activism? The ideal candidate will be enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program in political science or government and have a passion for politics. Interns will assist in lobbying and grass roots political activism around the issues of adolescent sexual health, homosexuality, and bullying prevention.
- Bullying prevention, research, and adolescent sexual health
- Are you looking for an opportunity to participate in original research around homosexuality, bullying prevention, and adolescent sexual health? The ideal candidate will be enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program in sociology, psychology, social sciences, or a related field and have knowledge and/or experience in data collection, statistics, and research. Interns will gain real-world experience by working on original research projects with seasoned experts in the field.
Interns will begin between May 1 and June 1 and should be available to spend 6-8 weeks living and working in the Washington, DC area. For more information, email us or call 301-805-6111.